Site-Wide Discussion Forums
Discussions are where you can view and participate in the latest discussions and get clinical answers from your peers. Forums are provided for clinical discussions, leadership and management, career & professional development, novice nursing, and general discussions. Have a clinical question? Ask AORN Clinical Nurses is your forum to post a question and AORN Nurses will respond.
1. In the top navigation, click on 'DISCUSS'
2. From this drop-down, click on 'ALL CATEGORIES' to go to the main discussions page
3. Or, from the drop-down, select an individual forum category topic to bypass the main discussions page and go directly to the forum category.
4. On the main discussions page, view the section entitled "DISCUSSION CATEGORY LIST"
*Virtual AORN Expo 2020
Ask AORN Clinical Nurses
Career and Professional Development
- Ambulatory Surgery
- Environmental Cleaning
- Infection Prevention / Aseptic Practice
- Patient Care and Safety
- Sterilization and Disinfection
- Worker Safety
Leadership and Management
Start a Discussion
Starting a discussion is easy - simply click on 'ADD TOPIC' to begin a discussion thread. Add Topic buttons are available on each Forum Category page as well as Sub-Category pages. Forums are provided for clinical discussions, leadership and management, career & professional development, novice nursing, and general discussions. Have a clinical question? Ask AORN Clinical Nurses is your forum to post a question and AORN Nurses will respond.
Subscribing to a Forum Category
Subscriptions are separated into 4 Types:
1) Instant Alerts
Receive an email on every post and reply in a forum category.
2) Daily Digest
Receive 1 Daily email that collects all posts and replies in a forum category. If you have Daily Digest subscriptions for multiple forum categories, you will still only receive 1 email that covers all of these forum category activity.
3) Weekly Digests
Receive 1 Weekly email that collects all posts and replies in a forum category. If you have Weekly Digest subscriptions for multiple forum categories, you will still only receive 1 email that covers all of these forum category activity.
4) Auto-subscribe to your own individual posts: Once you post in a forum, you will automatically be subscribed to your individual post as Instant Alert if you do not already have a subscription level for that forum category.
Add Photos or Files to Your Post
*NEW* Drag and Drop
Adding a file or photo to your post is as easy as 1-2-3!
1. Start a discussion or reply by clicking 'ADD TOPIC' or 'ADD REPLY.' This will prompt the post editor near the bottom of your screen.
2. Find a file or photo on your desktop that you'd like to add to your post.
3. Click and drag the file or photo into the body of the post editor; release
The file or photo will then populate in your post! Photo size can be edited by double-clicking on the photo. Files will populate as links.
Searching forums is easy! You can search and sort results by a few ways:
1) On the main discussions page, type in the word you would like to search:
2) Search & Filter options also appear above any recent topics section. Click on the button, type in the term you'd like to search, and click 'apply' to display search results. Under this Search & Filter button, you have the option to see all of your posts by clicking on MY POSTS. You can also search for all posts with NO RESPONSE.
Sorting options are also available, as well as the ability to sort by ascending and descending order.
The options are:
DATE CREATED: List posts based on the date the post was published.
REPLY COUNT: List posts based on the number of its replies
LATEST POST: List posts based on the latest reply made to that post
LIKES: List posts based on the number of its likes
VOTES: List posts based on the number of its votes (only applicable to forum categories with voting enabled)
HOT 🔥 aka TRENDING: List posts based on a combination of likes, replies, votes
As a general member, in the upper right corner of your posts, you'll see 3 dots (...). Click to discover additional options, such as:
EDIT: This option only appears if you are editing your own post
DELETE: This option only appears if you are deleting your own post
ADD TO BOOKMARKS: Click to track this post and add it to your collected bookmarks. Your bookmarks are private and appear only to you on your My Home (dashboard) page.